Availability: Many in stock
The Ultimate 6-in-1 Integrated Oscilloscope, Completely Customizable and Fully Upgradeable
Today’s integrated designs need an oscilloscope that is just as integrated – such as the MDO3000 Mixed Domain Oscilloscope (MDO) Series.
It is the ultimate 6-in-1 integrated oscilloscope that includes an integrated spectrum analyzer, arbitrary function generator, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, and digital voltmeter/counter.
The MDO3000 is completely customizable and fully upgradeable. Add the instruments and performance you need now – or later.
Large high-resolution display
The MDO3000 Series features a 9 inch (229 mm) wide-screen, high- resolution (800 × 480 WVGA) display for seeing intricate signal details.
The MDO3000 contains a number of ports which can be used to connect the instrument to a network, directly to a PC, or other test equipment.
- Front and rear USB host ports enable easy transfer of screen shots, instrument settings, and waveform data to a USB mass storage device. A USB keyboard can also be attached to a USB host port for data entry.
- Rear USB device port is useful for controlling the oscilloscope remotely from a PC or for printing directly to a PictBridge®-compatible printer.
- The standard 10/100 Ethernet port on the rear of the instrument enables easy connection to networks, provides network and e-mail printing, and provides LXI Core 2011 compatibility.
- A video out port on the rear of the instrument allows the display to be exported to an external monitor or projector.
Remote connectivity and instrument control
Exporting data and measurements is as simple as connecting a USB cable from the oscilloscope to your PC. Key software applications – OpenChoice® Desktop, and Microsoft Excel and Word toolbars – are included standard with each oscilloscope to enable fast and easy direct communication with your Windows PC.
The included OpenChoice Desktop enables fast and easy communication between the oscilloscope and your PC through USB or LAN for transferring settings, waveforms, and screen images.
The embedded e*Scope® capability enables fast control of the oscilloscope over a network connection through a standard web browser. Simply enter the IP address or network name of the oscilloscope and a web page will be served to the browser. Transfer and save settings, waveforms, measurements, and screen images or make live control changes to settings on the oscilloscope directly from the web browser.
While the MDO3000 Series Mixed Domain Oscilloscope features other built-in instruments, it is first and foremost an oscilloscope. And a versatile one at that. The MDO3014 is packed with timesaving tools to help you discover, capture, search and analyze problems in your design faster than ever. While you may not know what the future holds, you can rest easy knowing your oscilloscope is ready for it.
The MDO3014 is fully upgradeable, giving you the ability to add instruments and upgrade bandwidth as your test needs evolve. It's the scope you need today that's ready for tomorrow.
They come with a built-in spectrum analyzer, featuring an independent RF acquisition system for the most accurate RF measurements, you can use one instrument as an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer without compromising on performance.
- Dedicated front panel controls enable easy zoom and navigation through 10 Mpoint records
- 250,000 waveforms per second acquisition rate
- Built-in spectrum and protocol analyzer
- Built in 4-digit voltmeter with AC+DC RMS, AC RMS, and DC measurements
- Built-in logic analyzer with 16 digital channels
- Integrated, upgradable arbitrary / function generator
- Serial and parallel bus triggering and analysis
- FastAcq™ high-speed waveform capture rate finds elusive signal anomalies quickly
- Wave Inspector® Controls provide easy navigation and automated search of waveform data
- 33 automated measurements and waveform histograms for simplified waveform analysis
- Small footprint and lightweight - Only 5.8 in. (147 mm) deep and 9.2 lb. (4.2 kg)
- Front and rear USB host ports enable easy transfer of screen shots, settings, and waveform data
- A video port on the instrument allows the display to be exported to an external monitor or projector
- The standard 10/100 Ethernet port on the rear of the instrument enables easy connection to networks
At the core of the MDO3014 is a world-class oscilloscope, offering comprehensive tools that speed each stage of debug – from quickly discovering anomalies and capturing them, to searching your waveform record for events of interest and analyzing their characteristics and your device’s behavior.
To debug a design problem, first you must know it exists. Every design engineer spends time looking for problems in their design, a time-consuming and frustrating task without the right debug tools.
Digital phosphor technology provides you with fast insight into the real operation of your device. Its fast waveform capture rate – greater than 280,000 wfms/s with FastAcq – gives you a high probability of quickly seeing the infrequent problems common in digital systems: runt pulses, glitches, timing issues, and more.
To further enhance the visibility of rarely occurring events, intensity grading is used to indicate how often rare transients are occurring relative to normal signal characteristics.
There are four waveform palettes available in FastAcq acquisition mode.
- The Temperature palette uses color-grading to indicate frequency of occurrence with hot colors like red/yellow indicating frequently occurring events and colder colors like blue/green indicating rarely occurring events.
- The Spectral palette uses color-grading to indicate frequency of occurrence with colder colors like blue indicating frequently occurring events and hot colors like red indicating rarely occurring events.
- The Normal palette uses the default channel color (like yellow for channel one) along with gray-scale to indicate frequency of occurrence where frequently occurring events are bright.
- The Inverted palette uses the default channel color along with grayscale to indicate frequency of occurrence where rarely occurring events are bright.
These color palettes quickly highlight the events that over time occur more often or, in the case of infrequent anomalies, occur less often.
Infinite or variable persistence choices determine how long waveforms stay on the display, helping you to determine how often an anomaly is occurring.
See an RF world others can’t with affordable real-time performance. The "Wireless/RF Test Selection Guide" below under the Heading of "Specifications and Data"; gives an overview of the signal analysis capabilities required to overcome the most challenging wireless and RF design challenges with confidence.
Spend your time fixing the problem, not looking for it.
If you need a refresher on Real-Time Spectrum Analysis, download the Tektronix® Prime - http://info.tek.com/www-fundamentals-of-real-time-spectrum-analysis.html
The MDO3000 Mixed Domain Oscilloscope features up to six integrated instruments, including options like a spectrum analyzer, function generator and more, giving you the ability to capture analog, digital and RF signals with one scope. You can even add instruments, analysis functions and upgrade bandwidth as your design challenges evolve.
- Tektronix is registered to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 by SRI Quality System Registrar.
- This Product(s) complies with IEEE Standard 488.1-1987, RS-232-C, and with Tektronix Standard Codes and Formats.
With the compact, portable form factor, you can easily move the oscilloscope between labs. And with a depth of just 5.8 inches (147 mm), it saves you valuable space on your test bench. The MDO3000 has all the tools you'll need for everyday debug tasks, all in a single instrument.
The MDO3000 Series compact form factor frees up valuable space on your bench or desktop while making sure you will always have the debug tools you need.
Standard passive voltage probes
The MDO3000 Series include passive voltage probes with industry best capacitive loading of only 3.9 pF. The included TPP probes minimize the impact on devices under test and accurately deliver signals to the oscilloscope for acquisition and analysis. The following table shows which TPP probes come standard with each MDO3000 model.
- 2 and 4 analog channel models
- 1 GHz, 500 MHz, 350 MHz, 200 MHz, 100 MHz bandwidth models
- Bandwidth is upgradable (up to 1 GHz)
- Up to 5 GS/s sample rate
- 10 M record length on all channels
- >280,000 wfm/s maximum waveform capture rate
- Standard passive voltage probes with 3.9 pF capacitive loading and 1 GHz, 500 MHz, or 250 MHz analog bandwidth
2. Spectrum Analyzer
- Standard: 9 kHz - oscilloscope bandwidth
- Optional: 9 kHz - 3 GHz
- Ultra-wide capture bandwidth up to 3 GHz
3. Arbitrary Function Generator (Optional)
- 13 predefined waveform types
- 50 MHz waveform generation
- 128 k arbitrary generator record length
- 250 MS/s arbitrary generator sample rate
4. Logic Analyzer (Optional)
- 16 digital channels
- 10 M record length on all channels
- 121.2 ps timing resolution
5. Protocol Analyzer (Optional)
- Serial bus support for I2C, SPI, RS-232/422/485/UART, USB 2.0, CAN, CAN FD, LIN, FlexRay, MIL-STD-1553, and Audio standards
- Digital Voltmeter / Frequency Counter (Free with product registration)
- 4-digit AC RMS, DC, and AC+DC RMS voltage measurements
- 5-digit frequency measurements
- 1 x Oscilloscope - Tektronix® MDO3014
- 100 MHz, 200 MHz models TPP0250, 250 MHz bandwidth, 10X, 3.9 pF. One passive voltage probe per analog channel
- 350 MHz, 500 MHz models TPP0500B, 500 MHz bandwidth, 10X, 3.9 pF. One passive voltage probe per analog channel
- 1 GHz models TPP1000, 1 GHz bandwidth, 10X, 3.9 pF. One passive voltage probe per analog channel
- 103-0473-00 N-to-BNC adapter
- 063-4526-x Documentation CD
- 071-3249-00 Installation and Safety Instructions, printed manual (translated in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese)
- Accessory bag
- Power cord
- OpenChoice® Desktop Software (available on the Documentation CD and for download from www.tektronix.com/
- Calibration certificate documenting traceability to National Metrology Institute(s) and ISO9001 quality system registration
Three-year warranty covering all parts and labor on the MDO3000 instrument. One-year warranty covering all parts and labor on included probes.
Become RF experts with resources that provide insight into RF signal analysis, Wi-Fi, and spectrum allocation.
Get the Tektronix® RF Resource Kit, which includes:
This guide will teach you how to identify typical RF signals and give you sample waveforms for you to experience RF signal analysis for yourself. These sample waveforms can be used with SignalVu software, a free download.
Get your copy of Tektronix® new educational standards poster which covers all aspects of 802.11 Wi-fi physical layer and transmitter measurements FREE.
New for 2014, free wall chart helps you visualize and understand Worldwide spectrum allocation.
Discover and solve issues quickly by performing system level debug on mixed signal embedded systems including today's most common serial bus technologies with the 6-in-1 MDO3000 and support for a broad set of common serial buses.
Make reliable and repeatable voltage, current, and power measurements using automated power quality, switching loss, harmonics, ripple, modulation, and safe operating area measurements with the widest selection of power probes in an affordable solution.
Managing multiple instruments on a bench can be troublesome. The MDO3000 eliminates the need to manage multiple instruments by integrating six instrument types into a single, small (5.8 in., 147.4 mm deep) instrument. The combination of a small instrument and high level of integration aids in the teaching of various electronics principles as well as in its usage for more sophisticated lab experiments. Full upgradeability enables adding functionality over time as needs change or budgets allow.
Manufacturing Test and Troubleshooting
Size and space constraints can play havoc on a manufacturing floor. The unique 6-in-1 MDO3000 minimizes rack or bench space by integrating multiple instruments into one small package. Integration reduces cost associated with utilizing multiple different instrument types in manufacturing test or troubleshooting stations.
Service Installation and Maintenance
Having the right instruments when and where you need them is critical. The MDO3000 includes six instrument types in a light weight (9.2 lb., 4.2 kg), portable package - making it the perfect choice where space is limited and flexibility is desired.
Our products come from many very far away places under many different ways of travel.
We have organized our Delivery System for a dedicated staff member to personally process your order for it's Shipping costs, if any are applicable.
We then send you a Payment Confirmation for the total of your order which now includes shipping at the best rates in Australia.
Of course you can select a Shipping Method from our List when finalizing your Bag but if any doubt at all, please select the Civilstock Office option.
Please note: ALL Orders are manually processed always. So, if a shipping option is added to the Bag, there is still no charge, NOT until a payment confirmation is sent by our staff member who has manually checked all parts of your order and is completely satisfied that we are going to deliver your product(s) as inexpensively as possible, and has fully applied all policies of supplier shipping credits to your order.
At Civilstock, you will always have the opportunity to decide for yourself.