Availability: 730 in stock
The Intel® Galileo Board provides a programmable control PCB for the maker community, students, and professional developers. It is based on the Intel® Quark SoC X1000 Application Processor, a 32-bit Intel Pentium-class system on a chip.
The Intel® Galileo Board is the first board based on Intel® architecture designed to be hardware and software pin-compatible with Arduino shields designed for the Uno R3. It is also software-compatible with the Arduino* Software Development Environment, making usability and development a snap.
In addition to Arduino hardware and software compatibility, the Intel® Galileo Board has several industry-standard I/O ports and features to expand native usage and capabilities beyond the Arduino shield ecosystem, which are described in the next section of this document.
The 2nd generation Intel® Galileo board provides a single board controller for the maker community, students, and professional developers.
Based on the Intel® Quark™ SoC X1000, a 32-bit Intel® Pentium® processor-class system on a chip (SoC), the genuine Intel® processor and native I/O capabilities of the Intel Galileo board (Gen 2) provide a full-featured off ering for a wide range of applications.
Arduino-Certified and designed to be hardware-, software-, and pin-compatible with a wide range of Arduino Uno R3 shields, the Intel Galileo Gen 2 board also provides a simpler and more cost-eff ective development environment compared to the Intel® Atom™ processor- and Intel® Core™ processor-based designs.
The Intel Galileo board (Gen 2) delivers improved features and functionality in the following areas:
- 12 GPIOs fully native for greater speed and improved drive strength.
- 12-bit PWM for more precise control of servos and smoother response.
- 12 V Power-over-Ethernet capable.
- Power supplies from 7 V to 15 V are supported.
- Serial console UART header is compatible with FTDI USB converters.
- Console UART1 can be redirected to Arduino* headers in sketches, which can eliminate the need for soft-serial.
In addition to Arduino hardware and software compatibility, the Intel Galileo board (Gen 2) includes the following industry-standard I/O ports and features:
- Full-sized mini-PCI Express* slot
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet* RJ45 port with PoE support
- Micro-SD slot
- TTL UART 6-pin header
- USB 2.0 Host port
- USB 2.0 Client port
- 10 cm long and 7 cm wide with the USB connectors, UART jack, Ethernet connector, and power jack extending beyond the former dimension
- Four screw holes allow the board to be attached to a surface or case
- Reset button to reset the sketch and any attached shields
- Instruction set architecture (ISA)-compatible 32-bit Intel® Pentium® processor
- 16 Kbytes L1 cache
- 512 Kbytes of on-die embedded SRAM
- Simple to program: single thread, single core, constant speed
- ACPI-compatible CPU sleep states supported
- Integrated real-time clock (RTC) with optional 3V “coin cell” battery for operation between turn on cycles
- 400 MHz clock speed
- 8 Mbyte Legacy SPI Flash to store firmware (bootloader) and the latest sketch
- Between 256 Kbytes and 512 Kbytes dedicated for sketch storage
- 512 Kbytes embedded SRAM
- 256 Mbytes DRAM
- Optional micro SD card offers up to 32 Gbytes of storage
- USB storage works with any USB 2.0 compatible drive
- 11 Kbytes EEPROM programmed via the EEPROM library.
- 1 x Intel® Galileo Development Board
Our products come from many very far away places under many different ways of travel.
We have organized our Delivery System for a dedicated staff member to personally process your order for it's Shipping costs, if any are applicable.
We then send you a Payment Confirmation for the total of your order which now includes shipping at the best rates in Australia.
Of course you can select a Shipping Method from our List when finalizing your Bag but if any doubt at all, please select the Civilstock Office option.
Please note: ALL Orders are manually processed always. So, if a shipping option is added to the Bag, there is still no charge, NOT until a payment confirmation is sent by our staff member who has manually checked all parts of your order and is completely satisfied that we are going to deliver your product(s) as inexpensively as possible, and has fully applied all policies of supplier shipping credits to your order.
At Civilstock, you will always have the opportunity to decide for yourself.