Availability: Many in stock
Create prototypes and get to market faster. Bring your ideas to life with this cutting edge, adaptive technology made for a range of prototyping projects and commercial ventures.
The Intel® Edison development platform is designed to lower the barriers to entry for a range of inventors, entrepreneurs, and consumer product designers to rapidly prototype and produce “Internet of Things” (IoT) and wearable computing products.
The Intel Edison compute module plus an expansion board interfaces with a wide range of Arduino™ Uno Rev3 shields.
Supports Arduino Sketch, Linux, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
Board I/O: Compatible with Arduino Uno (except 4 PWM instead of 6 PWM)
- 20 digital input/output pins, including 4 pins as PWM outputs.
- 6 analog inputs.
- 1 UART (Rx/Tx).
- 1 I²C.
- 1 ICSP 6-pin header (SPI).
- Micro USB device connector OR (via mechanical switch) dedicated standard size USB host Type-A connector.
- Micro USB device (connected to UART).
- SD card connector.
- DC power jack (7 to15 VDC input) Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- IoT analytics platform
- Internal antenna
- Wi-Fi/ BT Compute module
- Provides seamless device-to device and device-to-cloud communication
- Ability to run rules on your data stream that trigger alerts based on advanced analytics
- Foundational tools for collecting, storing, and processing data in the cloud
- Free for limited and non-commercial use
The Intel® Edison Module is a tiny, SD-card-sized computing chip designed for building Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable computing products. The Edison module contains a high-speed, dual-core processing unit, integrated Wi-Fi*, Bluetooth* low energy, storage and memory, and a broad spectrum of input/output (I/O) options for interfacing with user systems. Because of its small footprint and low power consumption, the Edison module is an ideal choice for projects that need a lot of processing power without being connected to a power supply.
The Edison module is meant to be embedded in devices or development boards for connectivity and power options. To get started, Intel® provides the Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino* and Intel® Edison Breakout Board Kit*, which you can use for rapid prototyping. For production deployment, you can also create a custom board.
The Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino allows for quick and easy prototyping with open source hardware and the widely used Arduino software development environment. The kit gives you the option to extend the Edison module to interface with existing Arduino UNO R3 shields for extended functionality. The Intel® Edison Breakout Board Kit primarily provides power and USB connectivity options; for instance, you can connect the Edison board to your laptop’s USB port and get started quickly.
Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino provides the Arduino 1.0 pinout and standard connectors such as a micro USB connected to a UART, a USB OTG port that can be switched between a second micro USB device connector, a standard size USB host Type-A connector, a uSD card holder, and a DC power jack.
Like an Arduino Uno, the Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino makes possible to have provides 20 digital input/output pins, of which 6 can be used as analog inputs. The Intel® Edison has 4 PWM outputs which can be configured via jumpers to any of the 6 pins supporting PWM on the Arduino Uno (pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, or 11).
The Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino is designed to be hardware and software pin-compatible with Arduino shields designed for the Arduino Uno R3. Digital pins 0 to 13 (and the adjacent AREF and GND pins), Analog inputs 0 to 5, the power header, ICSP header, and the UART port pins (0 and 1), are all in the same locations as on the Arduino Uno R3.
The digital IOs and analog pins can be configured to operate at either 5V or 3.3V. The outputs can source or sink 24 mA at 3.3V and 32 mA at 5V.
- High-performance, dual-core CPU and single-core microcontroller supports complex data collection in a low-power package
- Exposes native 1.8 V I/O of the Edison module
- 0.1 inch grid I/O array of through-hole solder points
- USB OTG with USB Micro Type-AB connector
- USB OTG power switch
- Battery charger
- USB to device UART bridge with USB micro Type-B connector
- DC power supply jack (7 to 15 VDC input)
- Integrated Wi-Fi certified in 68 countries, Bluetooth* 4.0 support, 1 GB DDR and 4 GB FLASH memory simplifies configuration and increases scalability
- 40 multiplexed GPIO interfaces with expansion board options for total project design and flexibility
- 1 x Intel® Edison Board
- 1 x Intel® Edison Compute Module
Our products come from many very far away places under many different ways of travel.
We have organized our Delivery System for a dedicated staff member to personally process your order for it's Shipping costs, if any are applicable.
We then send you a Payment Confirmation for the total of your order which now includes shipping at the best rates in Australia.
Of course you can select a Shipping Method from our List when finalizing your Bag but if any doubt at all, please select the Civilstock Office option.
Please note: ALL Orders are manually processed always. So, if a shipping option is added to the Bag, there is still no charge, NOT until a payment confirmation is sent by our staff member who has manually checked all parts of your order and is completely satisfied that we are going to deliver your product(s) as inexpensively as possible, and has fully applied all policies of supplier shipping credits to your order.
At Civilstock, you will always have the opportunity to decide for yourself.