Availability: 100 in stock
Create prototypes and get to market faster. Bring your ideas to life with this cutting edge, adaptive technology made for a range of prototyping projects and commercial ventures.
The Intel® Edison development platform is designed to lower the barriers to entry for a range of inventors, entrepreneurs, and consumer product designers to rapidly prototype and produce “Internet of Things” (IoT) and wearable computing products.
- IoT analytics platform
- Internal antenna
- Wi-Fi/ BT Compute module
- Provides seamless device-to device and device-to-cloud communication
- Ability to run rules on your data stream that trigger alerts based on advanced analytics
- Foundational tools for collecting, storing, and processing data in the cloud
- Free for limited and non-commercial use
The Intel® Edison Module is a tiny, SD-card-sized computing chip designed for building Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable computing products. The Edison module contains a high-speed, dual-core processing unit, integrated Wi-Fi*, Bluetooth* low energy, storage and memory, and a broad spectrum of input/output (I/O) options for interfacing with user systems. Because of its small footprint and low power consumption, the Edison module is an ideal choice for projects that need a lot of processing power without being connected to a power supply.
The Edison module is meant to be embedded in devices or development boards for connectivity and power options. To get started, Intel® provides the Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino* and Intel® Edison Breakout Board Kit*, which you can use for rapid prototyping. For production deployment, you can also create a custom board.
The Intel® Edison Kit for Arduino allows for quick and easy prototyping with open source hardware and the widely used Arduino software development environment. The kit gives you the option to extend the Edison module to interface with existing Arduino UNO R3 shields for extended functionality. The Intel® Edison Breakout Board Kit primarily provides power and USB connectivity options; for instance, you can connect the Edison board to your laptop’s USB port and get started quickly.
The Intel® Edison Compute Module is designed to lower the barriers to entry for anyone prototyping and producing IoT and wearable computing products.
Intel® Edison contains core system processing and connectivity elements: Processor and processor power management IC, RAM, eMMC, and Wi-Fi/BT.
Intel® Edison is a module that interfaces with end-user systems via a 70-pin connector. Intel® Edison relies on the end-user to provide input power, and overall system power management, such as battery recharging for battery-powered systems.
- High-performance, dual-core CPU and single-core microcontroller supports complex data collection in a low-power package
- Exposes native 1.8 V I/O of the Edison module
- 0.1 inch grid I/O array of through-hole solder points
- USB OTG with USB Micro Type-AB connector
- USB OTG power switch
- Battery charger
- USB to device UART bridge with USB micro Type-B connector
- DC power supply jack (7 to 15 VDC input)
- Integrated Wi-Fi certified in 68 countries, Bluetooth* 4.0 support, 1 GB DDR and 4 GB FLASH memory simplifies configuration and increases scalability
- 40 multiplexed GPIO interfaces with expansion board options for total project design and flexibility
- 1 x Intel® Edison Compute Module
Our products come from many very far away places under many different ways of travel.
We have organized our Delivery System for a dedicated staff member to personally process your order for it's Shipping costs, if any are applicable.
We then send you a Payment Confirmation for the total of your order which now includes shipping at the best rates in Australia.
Of course you can select a Shipping Method from our List when finalizing your Bag but if any doubt at all, please select the Civilstock Office option.
Please note: ALL Orders are manually processed always. So, if a shipping option is added to the Bag, there is still no charge, NOT until a payment confirmation is sent by our staff member who has manually checked all parts of your order and is completely satisfied that we are going to deliver your product(s) as inexpensively as possible, and has fully applied all policies of supplier shipping credits to your order.
At Civilstock, you will always have the opportunity to decide for yourself.