Availability: Many in stock
Aavid’s Heat Pipe Exploration and Discovery Kits are designed for you to get your hands onto our heat pipes to get a feel for how they work, what they do, and try them in your own application.
This new Discovery kit is a smaller version of the popular exploration kit and is appropriate for a small team working on a few projects. The larger exploration kit can be used by larger teams working on multiple projects.
Heat pipes have many advantages and applications in thermal solutions. Heat pipes transport significant amounts of heat without a large increase in temperature, but do not dissipate any heat out of the system by themselves.
This unique transfer capability allows heat pipes to transport or spread heat to a point remote from the heat generator. Integrating a heat pipe into a system can open new thermal solutions to systems with high density power loads, enclosed or limited space, weight restrictions, or limited airflow.
The availability of a wide range of heat pipes sizes and power handling capabilities make them suitable for integration in heat sinks for 50W processors to multi kilowatt IGBTs.
Developed in the 1960’s, heat pipes are becoming more and more prevalent in today’s cooling systems.
Many engineers that have worked with thermal management are familiar with the basic concept: heat pipes transfer heat from the source to a location where it can be safely or more easily dissipated.
1. Heat is absorbed from the device at one point on the heat pipe
2. The absorbed heat evaporates local liquid into a vapor
3. That vapor travels to a cooler region of the pipe
4. The vapor then cools and condenses back into liquid
5. The liquid travels back down the wick to the heat source through capillary action.
As there are no moving parts, this cycle can repeat indefinitely. Additionally, because of the latent heat of vaporization, fluid can absorb and carry more energy or heat during phase change from liquid to a vapor. This provides a much higher effective conductivity than the metals typically used for heat sinks or single phase cooling.
- Aerospace applications
- Consumer Electronics(Desktops, Notebooks)
- Motor Drives and Controllers
- 10 Qty. 228.6mm Heat Pipes (5 each diameter: 4mm, 6mm)
- 10 Qty. 304.8mm Heat Pipes (5 each diameter: 4mm, 6mm)
- 10 Qty. 153.4mm in Heat Pipes (5 each diameter: 4mm, 6mm)
- 4 Qty. 40mm x 150mm Condenser Plates
- 4 Qty. 40mm x 150mm Condenser Caps
- 4 Qty. 40mm x 40mm Evaporator Plates (2 each diameter: 4mm, 6mm)
- 4 Qty. 40mm x 40mm Evaporator Caps (2 each diameter: 4mm, 6mm)
- 100 Qty. M3 Screws
- 1 x 1 Oz. Tube of Thermal Grease.
- Ideal for notebooks without a floppy drive
- Powered by the USB connection (if used on a hub it must be a powered hub)
- For standard double sided 1.44MB disks
- Supports Win 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20x104x165mm.
Many engineers that have worked with thermal management are familiar with the basic concept: heat pipes transfer heat from the source to a location where it can be safely or more easily dissipated. Sounds simple. However, heat pipes still remain a commonly misunderstood technology.
Our products come from many very far away places under many different ways of travel.
We have organized our Delivery System for a dedicated staff member to personally process your order for it's Shipping costs, if any are applicable.
We then send you a Payment Confirmation for the total of your order which now includes shipping at the best rates in Australia.
Of course you can select a Shipping Method from our List when finalizing your Bag but if any doubt at all, please select the Civilstock Office option.
Please note: ALL Orders are manually processed always. So, if a shipping option is added to the Bag, there is still no charge, NOT until a payment confirmation is sent by our staff member who has manually checked all parts of your order and is completely satisfied that we are going to deliver your product(s) as inexpensively as possible, and has fully applied all policies of supplier shipping credits to your order.
At Civilstock, you will always have the opportunity to decide for yourself.